Interview Question for Spoken English : “Tell Me About Yourself”

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Interview Question for Spoken English : “Tell Me About Yourself”

shantanuhire
Inquiries like “Tell Me About Yourself” are often used to ease you and your interviewer into an interview. This gives the interviewer a good overview of you and your talents. It also helps them understand the experience and qualifications that you think are most relevant for the job you’re applying. Your answer to this question may be used as an icebreaker to start a casual conversation to get to better know you. Some interviewers may move straight to the next question after you answer. Spoken English Classes in Pune

How you answer the question, “Tell me a little about yourself”, can have a significant impact on the outcome of the interview. You want to be able tell a great story about yourself in less than two minutes. Follow these steps to prepare your answer:

1. Your previous experience and achievements in relation to this position are important.

Start by reading the job description. Find recent examples of these skills. Reviewing the STAR method can help you practice telling fantastic stories in interviews. To reinforce your story, you can use current professional experiences as well as volunteer work or other relevant experiences.

2. Consider how your current employment is related to the job you are seeking. Spoken English Training in Pune

You can discuss your current employment and its relevance to the position available. You can describe your current responsibilities if you are looking for a senior position. If you are changing roles, describe how your skills translate to the new role. for more info visit: https://www.iteducationcentre.com/spoken-english-classes-in-pune.php

3. Use examples to highlight your skills and talents.

If possible, focus on the elements and results you can quantify when writing your scripts. Suppose you wanted to talk about how you improved the service provided by your former employer. You can make your point stronger by saying that you improved customer service. Make an educated guess if you do not have any specific information.  https://medium.com/@ypatil_28939/interview-question-for-spoken-english-tell-me-about-yourself-4df1bef0fcb4