Does Chess Require More Skill Than Luck?

Does Chess Require More Skill Than Luck?

sportsbyte
Is chess a sport driven by skill or luck? Chess heavily relies on skill, strategy, and critical thinking, with minimal impact from chance. Unlike games that involve luck, every move in chess is based on knowledge, planning, and foresight. Success in chess is determined by the player's expertise and ability to outthink the opponent.

Re: Does Chess Require More Skill Than Luck?

AcidClover
I guess in sports both matter. But in chess your luck will only concern you, if your opponent omits some move and just misses it. So you can take advantage of the situation and make a better move.  My friends and I like sports too, and we visit this website to bet against each other in various sorts of sports games. We haven't tried chess, but if you join us, why not?